Down Payment Assistance
Sale of Existing Home
- Any net proceeds you receive from the sale of your current residence can be used to fund your down payment.
"Net" means the actual amount you receive after all costs are deducted.
Buy & Save
- Buy & Save is a convenient new plan that helps you save the necessary down payment funds to buy your BRAND new Jagoe home. Here,
we will set a specific schedule that allows you to make weekly or monthly payments so your down payment is fully funded in time to close.
- A portion of your down payment and/or closing costs can be in the form of a secured loan from a family member. This cannot
exceed a combined loan to value 100% of the sales price or appraised value, whichever is lower.
- This can be an outright gift of cash from a relative, employer, labor union, charitable organization, government agency or public entity.
Sale of Personal Property
- This includes sales proceeds from any personal property of value other than real estate. A few examples are cars, recreational
vehicles, stamps, coins or baseball card collections.
Collateralized Loans - These can be funds that are fully secured by any investment accounts or real property you own as long as there is proper evidence.
- Any government issued bonds that are valued at original purchase price or the current price can be used to fund your down payment.
Savings Bond Calculator
Stocks and Mutual Funds
- Any of these types of investments can be used based on a monthly or quarterly statement provided by your stockbroker or financial institution.
Employer Guarantee Plans
- If your employer guarantees to purchase your previous residence as part of your relocation, any guaranteed net proceeds can be
put toward your down payment. This involves any incentives by your employer to pay your closing costs, mortgage insurance premium or any portion of your cash investment.
IRAs, Thrift Savings Plans, 401(k)s, Keogh Accounts
- You can use funds from these types of investments usually at 60% of their value. A higher percentage
can be used (minus Federal income tax and withdrawal penalties) if proof can be provided.
- If you're willing to work hard, you can build equity toward the cost of your home by painting and staining. Family members can also
assist in this area, and their contributions are even more valuable if they are a trade professional.
Some restrictions apply.
USDA Rural Housing Program Benefits
- Many of our new homes are being built in areas designated as eligible for USDA Rural Housing loans
Qualified buyers can take advantage of 100% financing with a 30-year fixed rate loan.
Veteran Administration Loan
A VA Loan allows military veterans to obtain 100% financing for their new home. And VA loans qualify for a low interest rate.
Garage and Yard Sales
Clean out your closets and ANYTHING that is useless to you or you don't want - put it in the sale. Don't throw anything away.
People will buy just about anything. You'd be surprised. What is one person's trash is another's GOLDMINE!